Fully Restored Colonial Bungalow in Weligama, Sri Lanka.
A 100 year old colonial walauwwa house (colonial bungalow) on 60 perches of land in a tranquil village within 5 minutes walk to the Weligama Bay. Created by an award winning Designer, to be ideally operated as a Villa, Boutique Hotel or a private home. This charming property has been completely and lovingly restored and fully renovated with 6 en-suite bedrooms, a breathtaking white glass mosaic pool built around ancient ruins, a loft room with a new private rooftop balcony and an internal pond courtyard. Furnished with imported stylish furniture and local antiques.
LOCATION: Inland within a 5 minutes’ walk to the Weligama beach. Weligama is one of the most beautiful bays, and prestigious coastal towns in Sri Lanka, currently home to high net worth individuals, a Marriott Hotel and the Cape Weligama hotel by Dilmah. Weligama is located 1.5 hours drive south of Colombo and 20 minutes south of Galle by highway. Accessible by a 25 minute air taxi or helicopter flight.
SALE PRICE: US$ 550,000
For more information:
BUILDING STATUS: Ready to move in, completely Restored and Renovated. Clear deeds with single owner.
LAND SIZE: 60 perches (with ample garden space to add more rooms / facilities).
NUMBER OF ROOMS: : 6 (5 double bed rooms, 1 kids room with a bunk bed).
NUMBER OF BATHROOMS: 5 – 4 newly added bathrooms to create 4 en-suite rooms and 1 family room with attached children’s room and shared bathroom. 3 bathrooms have an open air garden with a privacy fence. Two bathrooms have vintage bathtubs. All bathrooms have luxury vintage style showers, antique tables converted to vanity counters, and vintage style fittings.
- Furnished with imported upholstered timber sofas and vintage style pin cushion chairs.
- Cross back dining chairs.
- Wrought iron and glass top dining tables.
- UPVC outdoor furniture including reclining pool beds.
- Queen sized beds with mattresses.
- A number of valuable antique furniture from the house, which have been restored.
- Newly built swimming pool with white glass mosaic tiles and an in-pool seating area, with complete pool equipment.
- Pool and pool deck built around ancient ruins and trees, creating a charming and unique atmosphere
- Pool deck covered in scorched granite stones and mood lighting,
- Internal courtyard converted to a lily pond with a dining island, stone bridge and dining furniture around the pond.
- Roadside boundary wall repaired and elevated to give privacy, including newly built gates and driveway.
- Staff quarters and toilets fully refurbished at the back of the house.
- Large spacious kitchen and separate pantry area.
- Well and pressure pump with complete new plumbing and electrical wiring for the entire premises.